Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Recently, I have been trying to do better about planning the meals for the week at least partially in advance.  So this week, on Tuesday morning, I planned what I was fixing for supper for the rest of the work week.  Last night was Slow Cooker Pot Roast.

I can't take credit for the recipe as I got it off of allrecipes.com.
It was easy, all I did to start was put a chunk of pot roast in the crockpot (I usually cut our roasts in half when I first get them home from the store because we don't need a whole one in one sitting).  Then in a separate bowl, I mixed one small can of Cream of Mushroom soup and half of a package of onion soup mix with a little bit of water.  Then I poured that mixture over the roast and turned it on high for about three hours.

I was very pleased with how it turned out.  With the amount of roast I had, I probably could have used one-half can of mushroom soup and one-fourth package of onion soup mix and been fine.  There was plenty of sauce left over.  Andrew said something was missing and we finally figured out what it was... Noodles.  It reminded us of Beef Stroganoff.

Oh, Helpful tip of the day:  Line your slow cooker with aluminum foil.  Or you can use the liners that you buy at the store.  Makes clean-up a lot easier, especially if the inside of your slow cooker doesn't come out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment